Smoked Apple Cider Recipe, with Lapsang Souchong tea!
1. Bring apple cider, cloves, cinnamon stick, apple and orange slices and honey to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let the spices infuse until desired strength, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove cover, raise heat, and bring back to a boil.
4. Stir in Lapsang Souchong tea leaves, reduce heat to a simmer and let steep to desired strength, about 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Strain mixture, stir in alcohol and ladle into cups or let cool completely. Serve hot or cold… Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
950 ML (4 cups) apple cider
1 sliced apple
1 sliced orange
1 tablespoon honey or agave
4 whole cloves
1 whole cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons Lapsang Souchong tea
Optional: 250 ml (1/2 cup) rum, whiskey or bourbon